Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving week with my brother and his family. And sadly we didn't take any pictures until the last night they were there. Crazy. We need to do a better job. We had such a wonderful time. Josh smoked two turkeys this year, and they were wonderful! I think it will be come a Thanksgiving tradition. I will let josh talk more about his turkeys in another post. I'm so greatful for my family. They are everything to me, so when they do come to town I savor the moment just a little bit longer. I'm greatful for my Savior Jesus Christ, he has blessed me and my family and friends more times than i can count. I"m greatful for my wonderful kids...they are such a joy in my life. Some days i feel like they are teaching me more than i am teaching them. David, Danica, Jensen, and little Lily. We saw the town light parade and went to the city center to have donuts and hot chocolate and of course Santa. So here are our families waiting in the cold...Lucky it wasn't like Illinois cold.


Mommy and Hailey

My kids were so brave this year, they weren't not a afraid talking with Santa.




Clayton wasn't having it this year, maybe next year. He did enjoy the candy.
Poor Lily, it was so cute though. Great picture.

And of course, we always need a cousin bath. Except Wyatt was getting to old for that, he is a big man now, and big men take showers.

3 comments:

Nancy Niederer said...

Looks like fun, I think the concept of a cousin bath is cute, but I fear my sisters-in-law would flip. Guess that won't be in my kids album any time soon. We had a smoked turkey last Christmas, it was good, but we didn't smoke it ourselves...good for you guys doing it yourself! I am so glad you have a blog, its like we get to hang out, glad you had a good Thanksgiving.

Allison said...

Brrr... that is right, nothing is as cold as 'Illinois' cold!! It's great that you were able to spend the holiday with your brother and his fam. We haven't all been together for a holiday since the 80's so I know how special it is to get even one member of your family to share it with :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! Jason is missing that Illinois cold - he does every year! I wish we could have cousin's baths with you guys. Thanks for the photos though, the kids know exactly who everyone is. Enjoy the lead up to christmas. Talk with you soon!