Friday, July 18, 2008

Family Friday!!

"Family Friday"
I wanted to share something about my family. I was sharing a story with my kids tonight, they are always asking for stories, and they can never get enough even if they are the lamest stories.
So tonight I shared the story of when i was teaching my youngest brother how to drive. For my kids it is a what not to do story. So when my brother David got his permit, He need to get some time in. And of course i was more than willing to take him. But legally, i wasn't old enough to have him drive with me...oh well, that didn't stop us.
We were taking some side roads, and we were driving by a garage sale, and my brother got a little to close to the parked cars and side swipped a car. My poor little 15 year old brother had to find the owner of the car and talk to them. Now that I think about it, I guess we could have just drove on...I don't think anyone really saw it...j/k we wouldn't really do that. We are suppose to be honest, right? Oh yeah, I took the blame for the accident just in case the cops got involved.
Well, we found the lady and we couldn't find the right insurance card to exchange insurances. So we gave her as much info she need..but because we were kids, we didn't get hers or even call the cops. Turns out, she didn't have insurance we should have called the cops on her.
So from this experience, I learned not to get into car accidents (all though i have been in 3 so far). Always call the cops. Always have insurance and always get the other persons insurance info....lol And don't teach anyone to drive. I think Josh will have to teach our kids. Just a side note, i am a very safe driver..i really am.
So as for the story my kids only liked the part of when we crashed. I hope it doesn't teach them that its fun. Although Josh's bronco stories teaches the kids about crashing too.
I hope my kids will pass on our crazy stories to their kids. And I know my kids will definitely have stories of their own. I hope everyone enjoyed my little glimpes into my past. I'm sure my brother has his own rendition of this story. He is a lot more funnier than I am.

2 comments:

Mikidees said...

Oh, man are you in trouble. You aren't supposed to share that story.

Anonymous said...

Mom's gonna call you now!!! It's never too late to get busted!!!! I liked it though!