Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fun with Grandma and Grandpa McDonald

In June my parents came for a visit. We all enjoyed our time together! We got to go to the park and feed the ducks. And believe me they have really multiplied since we have been there. Last week I think I counted about 25 baby ducks, give or take a few.

We even got to go camping. I think I'm getting to old to camp on the ground..we need to get some new mattresses. We had fun. We were one of the first people up there since they opened up the canyon. We find out later, that we were sharing our camp site with about 5 bears, from what i heard. The morning after we slept my dad said he saw some fresh bear poop. Its a good thing we know to put ALL of our food away. HELLO, its a canyon, its there home.
We even convinced my mom to sleep out too! Thanks mom!
Nooo innuendo here..nope not at all. My parents crack me up sometimes.

We had to head to bed early because it started to rain. We missed out my dads amazing campfire stories. Its fun to tell stories aroound the fire. Thanks mom and dad for going camping with us.
The kids having fun in the tent. Clayton needed a drink in the middle of the night. That's always fun!
We got to go to the zoo. And it was beautiful weather!! And thanks to my dads GPS, we didn't get lost this time...lol.
First time I have ever seen the bird show. It was awesome! I will never miss it again!!


And we are so grateful for my dad helping us do the electrical in the basement!!!! We are one step closer..one day, it will be done.

1 comments:

Nancy Niederer said...

awww- its great to see your parents! love the hot dog picture! glad you ahd a good time camping, my husband loves it...me...not so much.