Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fun with Grocery smarts!!

I LOVE grocery shopping. I guess I should say, I love grocerysmarts.com !!!! I think I might have said something about this in the past. I went shopping today. My budget is usually a 100 a week. I'm in the stock up mode right now. Which means I'm spending the same, but I'm getting soo much more. We finally have food storage with out spending extra. So last week there really weren't any good sales so I just spent 50 on some odds and ends. I'm so glad I did because it gave me an extra 50 for this week. So, the grand total of grocery bill was 139.65(This includes shampoo and cleaning supplies, not just food). This DOES include all my price matching and coupons. But this is the fun part. 268.15 was the total if I DID NOT price match or use any coupons.

5 comments:

The Lindsays said...

I'm a huge fan myself. It's nice to spend the same (or even less) and end up with so much more for food storage, etc. Another thing you may love...become a fan of PinchingYourPennies.com on facebook and you'll get constant updates of deals...for clothes, supplies, tools, groceries...everything. That's how I got my Uggs at 80% off and how I get killer deals on clothes for my whole family.

Allison said...

Holy crap! That is big savings! Can you come and do my grocery shopping??

Wesley Family said...

I went to the class on Tuesday for how to do all this, and I got to say it was a lot for me to take in. I seriously thought of you though, and how I really need to go on a shopping spree with you to see how it's done! Really though I need to talk to you!

Nancy Niederer said...

good job! what does it mean to price match. is that when you tell the store that an item is cheaper elsewhere? i am a bargain hunter as well, so I am always looking for more tips.

Robin said...

Good job MaryBeth!!!!