Saturday, August 16, 2008

One of the reasons for getting all the sister-in-laws together was to spend some time with Camille. Camille just suffered the loss of a baby. She had what they call a blighted ovum (also known as “anembryonic pregnancy”) happens when a fertilized egg attaches itself to the uterine wall, but the embryo does not develop. Cells develop to form the pregnancy sac, but not the embryo itself. A blighted ovum usually occurs within the first trimester before a woman knows she is pregnant. A high level of chromosome abnormalities usually causes a woman’s body to naturally miscarry. Please keep them in your prayers. We are greatful to have them in our family.

5 comments:

Sudar Clan said...

So sad to hear the news, we will keep them in our prayers.

Bruce and Emily said...

So sad. Luckily family is around to help her get through this tough time.

Marilee said...

I haven't jumped on your blogspot for while--I've missed alot! It's good to catch up though. I love all the updates and photos. Tell Camille, "HI" (we did go to girls camp once). I experienced the same kind of "missed miscarriage" (that's what they called it 8 years ago). Luckily, the Dr. caught it before I miscarried in the toilet and went to the hospital to have a D and C(whatever that means). I'm glad things are good with you and your sweet family. --Marilee

Alicia Atwater said...

that stinks!...sorry to hear the bad news. I hope that they are doing okay.

Jaime said...

I'm so sorry!! Our thoughts are with them!